Emergency Heater Referrals
Does your client have no working heating system? If yes, then the West Sussex Fuel Poverty Coordinator is offering residents one oil-filled radiator per household to help keep them warm and well. The radiator is a stopgap until the client is able to have their heating system repaired or replaced. Due to the running costs of plug in heaters, they should not be used to supplement inadequate central heating.
To qualify for an emergency heater the client must be a homeowner or in private rented accommodation in West Sussex with no working heating system AND
- In receipt of means tested benefit OR
- Net household income of less than £18,000 AND
- Over 60 years old, OR
- Have at least one dependent child under 16 years of age OR
- Pregnant OR
- Disabled or long-term ill
In order to receive the radiator, your client must fulfil the eligibility criteria. Please ensure that your contact details are included on the form so we can contact you if needed.
The radiator will be delivered on behalf of the West Sussex Fuel Poverty Coordinator by Dial-a-Hubby within 3-5 working days from receipt of a fully completed referral form. The client is required to pay £1 toward the cost of the radiator to Dial-A-Hubby on delivery.
Please ensure you complete all the required sections in the form:
- Part A must be completed if your client is present
- Part B must be completed if you are speaking to your client over the phone
- Parts C and D must be completed for all referrals.
Please note that a form can only be submitted by a professional frontline worker or volunteer working at an appropriate charity. Self-referrals will not be accepted.