Are you on the best tariff with your current supplier?

Could you get a better deal?

Tariffs are the rate you pay for your gas and electricity.

If you want to stay with your existing supplier, visit their website or give them a call to check whether they can offer you a better deal.

If you have never switched, or haven't switched in the last year or so, you will be on a default, standard or variable tariff.  These tariffs are the most basic deals offered by an energy supplier and are usually the most expensive way to pay for your energy.  If you are on one of these tariffs, you should look into switching to another type of tariff - it could save you a lot of money!

Fixed rate tariffs can be a good deal and could protect you from future price rises.  Fixed rate means that the price of the energy will not change for the duration of the contract.  This will help you budget as your supplier can't suddenly increase what they charge for your energy use.  The contract will be for a set period and if you need to leave it early, you may be charged a fee.  When the contract ends, you must remember to move to another fixed rate tariff otherwise your supplier will move you back to their more expensive standard or variable tariff.

If your supplier has moved you to a lower default tariff due to the new energy price cap, you will still save more money if you switch to a new tariff.  The energy price cap will typically save you £76 per year, however switching to a new energy tariff could save you over £200 per year.

Further information please view the Energy Price Cap


Other ways to pay less with your current supplier:

  • Can you pay for your fuel in a different way? The cheapest way to pay your energy bills is often by monthly direct debit
  • Can you move to paperless billing? Instead of sending you a paper bill in the post, your supplier will offer discounts for sending bills to your email address or having online accounts.

Contact your supplier to ask about the best deal that they can offer you. They should tell you how to do this on the front of your bill.